On Saturday 27 September 2003 15:48, Charlie M. wrote:

> September 27, 2003 12:06 am, Lance Cummings wrote:
> > Got this new little app-launch button on the taskbar after
> > upping to RC2.  Looks kind of like a little gear.  Clicking it
> > produces an error window:
> >
> > Unable to run the command specified. The file or directory
> > file:/home/lance/.kde/share/apps/kicker/Welcome.desktop does not
> > exist.
> >
> > Should I be concerned about this?  (Sorry for the plethora of
> > what are probably simple questions, but I *am* a newbie.) ^_-
> >
> > Lance
>
> Yep, you're running cooker all right. (-:

I would never lie about such a thing.  ^_^ <--We do them this way in
Japan.

> Hold the Alt button and hit F2 at the same time. You can type
> "Konsole" or "rxvt" to open a terminal and become super user. If
> you like you can save a step by clicking the options button and
> open the terminal as root. Then run the following command:
>
> rpm --rebuilddb && updatedb && update-menus -n && ldconfig
>
> You should get your menus back. Assuming of course that part of
> KDE hasn't gone missing, in which case let the list know and we
> shall see what we shall see.

Okay, did that, and the drive light got serious for a while (quite a
while, actually), and I got a couple of lines on the xterm saying
some things had been written.  But nothing changed.  Logged out of X
and back in, too (MS habit <lol> nearly rebooted to see if that
would help). ^_-

Lance