On Sun, 2003-09-28 at 08:29, Lee Wiggers wrote:

> Well, that didn't turn out so good.
>
> I changed workgroup to home workgroup to match the other boxes and
> it interfered with the samba being run by the VMware windows thing.
>
> I probably was supposed to reconfigure vmware to fix that, but I
> panicked and uninstalled VMware altogether.  I can reinstall that
> but there must be another place where workgroup is established
> because komba2 doesn't see the other boxes yet either.
>
> Hell, earlier today I was tickled because I knew how to put the
> shell icon on my desktop.  Good grief.

Best idea is to NOT use the VMWare SMB services - the virtual machine
you create can live happily with your normal SMB/NMB services - you'll
find that it does in fact get in the way...

stephen kuhn - owner
==============================
illawarra computer services
a kuhn media australia company
http://kma.0catch.com
Are you a parent? Do you sometimes find yourself unsure as to what to
say in those awkward situations? Worry no more... When are you going to
grow up? I'm only doing this for your own good. Why are you crying? Stop
crying, or I'll give you something to cry about. What's wrong with you?
Someday you'll thank me for this. You'd lose your head if it weren't
attached. Don't you have any sense at all? If you keep sucking your
thumb, it'll fall off. Why? Because I said so. I hope you have a kid
just like yourself.