On Monday 29 Sep 2003 1:12 am, K. Spress wrote:
> I have managed to install Mandrake 8.2 and I am running evolution for my
> mail program. Probably gonna get another netzero.net account for my
> linux mail setup. But a question I have for you. I installed ftp server
> and www server on my linux box which I have behind a NAT Router til i
> figure out what I am doing.
>
> What are the commands I need to run to open up my web server and my ftp
> server. i want to set up directories so that people can come and
> download files and also see my website I am playing with. I also would
> care to know if i want to setup a mail server and give my linux box a
> static address or is there a program that I can use to setup as a relay
> to my mail server. Lots of questions I have. Wanting to learn
> despirately. Gee I wish i knew where my linux geek computer book was
> at..
>

> Ken Spress

Ken Install the drakwizard RPM from Mandrake Software Manager
You will get a new section in Mandrake Control Centre to set up Apache web
server ftp server, and Postfix mail server.

Just follow the wizards and they will be set up and running in a basic config.

Put your web pages in /var/www/html

To make Postfix relay smtp traffic through your ISP add the command
relayhost =
to the /etc/postfix/main.cf file

There is a Postfix config guide on my website which may help.

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net