On Thu, 2003-10-02 at 19:30, Franki wrote:

> To be honest, I can't be entirely sure, I've never specified a dir..
>
> I'd say its very possible that :
>
> mkisofs -o /home/heatheri/distros/cdrom.iso /mnt/cdrom
>
> Would be a good place to start..
>
> There are a heap of options for mkisofs to change the format of the iso, so you
> might want to look at the man page..
> But I suspect you don't really need to for the CD you are copying, since its old and
> I don't think it contains long filenames etc...
>
> rgds
>
> Franki

mkisofs -o /boot/vmlinuz-2.4.21-0.13mdk /mnt/cdrom

...would that work?

stephen kuhn - owner
illawarra computer services
a kuhn media australia company
http://kma.0catch.com
I have a map of the United States. It's actual size. I spent last summer
folding it. People ask me where I live, and I say, "E6". -- Steven
Wright