On Thu, 2003-10-02 at 22:19, HaywireMac wrote:

> Actually, what is the advantage to creating an ISO image as opposed to
> simply burning the data files to CD?

If you want to make a copy of something bootable - say for instance - A
PIRATED MICROSOFT WINDOWS XP PRO CORPORATE EDITION - you can't just copy
the contents to a blank and have it boot. You make and ISO image of the
entire disk, modify what you want to modify in the ISO (add, subtract,
hack) and then burn it and voila! You have a perfectly bootable,
modified, customised bootable CDROM!

Why WOULDN'T you want to make an ISO for archived storage anyways?

stephen kuhn - owner
illawarra computer services
a kuhn media australia company
http://kma.0catch.com
You or I must yield up his life to Ahrimanes. I would rather it were
you. I should have no hesitation in sacrificing my own life to spare
yours, but we take stock next week, and it would not be fair on the
company. -- J. Wellington Wells