Poogle wrote:

On Thursday 02 Oct 2003 H:02 pm, Douglas Bainbridge wrote:

On Wed, 2003-10-01 at 21:49, mooney wrote:

I, too, am getting weird responses to mails.

<snip>

Finally, I'm off on 2 weeks hols, and I can't seem to unsub from the
site.

<snip>

Join the club. I've never found the 'set newbie nomail' work either.

DougB

I use set newbie nomail whenever I am away for any length of time and have no problems (just come back after 3 weeks away to no newbie e mails at all)

I find the answer is to take all your ISP login data with you on a floppy and then use that to log directly in on anyone's computer and read your mail and delete them on a daily basis from withing the ISP's server.
That way you keep the mail from building up to much but you don't leave your website details on someone elses machine either, and you don't need to lug a copmuter around with you.

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]