On Thu, 2003-10-02 at 23:29, Smith Joe wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have noticed an oddity.  When I start any of the
> OpenOffice applications as soon as the program is
> loaded it immediately shuts down again.  What am I
> doing wrong?

You might want to see if there are "core dumps" in your home
directory...another thing to do is to open up a terminal window, and
manually type out:

oowriter

...and watch what is happening after you type that...(of course, you
must hit ENTER or RETURN)...this will give you a clue as to what is
going on...

What version of MDK are you using? Have you installed/reconfigured any
applications or system settings recently? When was the last time this
worked correctly and what has changed since that time?

stephen kuhn - owner
illawarra computer services
a kuhn media australia company
http://kma.0catch.com
Everything that can be invented has been invented. -- Charles Duell,
Director of U.S. Patent Office, 1899