On Fri, 2003-10-03 at 09:31, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Friday 03 Oct 2003 10:38 am, HaywireMac wrote:
> > On Fri, 03 Oct 2003 12:07:13 +0300
> >
> > Robin Turner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> uttered:
> > > I replied, somewhat brusquely:
> >
> > I doubt you could out-brusque me... ;-) I called him "Pippy".
> >
> > Anyhow, I think it is an automated response, prolly a bounce.
> >
> > Best just to /dev/null it.
>
> This highlights the danger of setting up an automatic bounce or
> reject, without sufficient monitoring.  He/she had to sign up in the
> first place.  If there was any reasonable monitoring it would quickly
> be noticed that list traffic was being affected.
>
> However, there have been several cases where it has been obvious that
> people have not realised what they were signing up for.  I wonder if
> it is time we considered asking MandrakeSoft to add to the sign-up
> invitation the fact that signing up to an active list indicates a
> willingness to receive considerable amounts of mail?
>
> Anne
it occurs to me that this might even be a filter someone setup to kill
the SMS message stuff, and now all the stuff with newbie in the header
or body gets /dev/nulled, so he don't even see the replies. next he will
be wondering why he does not get even his posts to the list....<g>

Mandrake HowTo's & More: http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org