On Saturday 04 October 2003 05:48 am, Lee Wiggers wrote:
> I have 1500 fonts from my computer lifetime that I would like to add
> to my oo options, but many of the filenames are upper case.
>
> Anyone know how to rename them in lower case all at once?
>
> Lee

Hi Lee - there are a couple of ways to do this, including a script (I think)
that has been mentioned on the list before. Here is how I learned to do it:

Put all your fonts in a directory, then open a shell and cd to that directory.

Then:

for i in *[A-Z]*

Now you are at a > prompt. Type

do mv $i `echo $i |tr "A-Z" "a-z"`  (note those are ` not ' , located below
your tilde key)

and finally:

done

and that should do it.

HTHs! :-)

PS yeah, the script/program is probably a whole lot easier. :-)

--

                                                          /\
                                                Dark><Lord