Anne Wilson wrote:

On Sunday 05 Oct 2003 12:37 pm, Ronan O'Hart wrote:

Hi there

Can anyone recomend a SCP program simular to WinSCP please.

Thanks

It's likely that none of us know SCP. What is it?

Anne

SCP is secure copy, its part of ssh and it enables the copy of files over an ssh connection, similiar to sftp.

I don't know if this Ronan means windows SCP or linux SCP, but since WinSCP is a windows app, I'll answer both.

The only free scp/ssh/sftp apps I know of for windows are:

Windows:
Putty. (command line)
Terra Term Pro, (with the ttssh.exe plugin) is a telnet style ssh connection.
iXplorer, a delpi GUI frontend to putty. (looks like an FTP client.)
WinSCP. (looks like an FTP client.)

Liux
GFTP
(There are others, but I don't use the GUI much, so can't comment much here.)

rgds

Franki