On Sunday 05 October 2003 12:08 pm, Anne Wilson wrote:

> It's incredible how they get away with it.  But yes, it will run IE.
> Just remember though that every moment you are online with IE your
> windows partition is at the same level of risk as it was before.
> Take whatever precautions you can.  BTW, have you tried using Opera
> (windows and linux) set to announce itself as IE?  It works for a lot
> of sites.
>
> Anne

   But it will not work with UPS world ship. My wife and myself have both
tried that a number of times for what ever reason UPS world ship software
depends on exploiter to download information from UPS although I think I
could fool the UPS web site I cant seem to fool the world ship software. I
keep getting tempted to switch to FedEx because of this and a few other
irritating things that UPS does but UPS and FedEx both have their good points
and bad still trying to decide on the switch. I do send a email to UPS every
couple of months to complain about their world ship software and generally
get a runaround for a reply. I think next I am going to start complaining to
my UPS account manager if for no other reason than my theory that if enough
people complain they will have to do something sooner or latter. Next time I
may try to find out what they do for IBM. I would assume that IBM is using
Linux for almost everything.

    Marc