On Wed, 2003-10-08 at 05:50, Lee Wiggers wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Oct 2003 22:50:29 -0700
> John Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > On October 7, 2003 06:11 am, Margot wrote:
> <snip>>
> >
> That's what I see in the OT also.  Mostly long winded radicals,
> pseudo-intellectuals, and a few good people.  All looking for an
> argument or trying to change my mind about something that is simply
> none of their business.  Maybe I'm wrong, but that's the way it
> comes off.
>
> This list has been
>
> Quips 'n Quotes. A good natured barb now and then. A little repartee
> and the occasional windbag who needs to take it to OT.
>
> Above all, this list has been a friend to every newcomer and the
> members stumble over each other trying to help.
>
> In short, this list kept me on mdk.  Nothing else but this list.
>
> If I'm in the mood for an anal retentive old fashioned Linux
> superior being, I go to Expert.  If I want friendly help on any mdk
> problem, I look here.
>
> If a question didn't get answered here, nobody had the answer.
>
> Simple
>
> Lee

I think Lee has just offered a huge compliment to everyone here and to
the folks who keep the long winded radicals, pseudo-intellectuals,
postings on the OT list, since it would sure make newbie not such a
friendly place.
thank them for the respect to keep it off newbie.

On of the problems with any thread that wants to keep the signal to
noise ratio limited is that, the thread about 'limiting bandwidth waste'
wastes the most bandwidth with everyone agreeing.
_I_ promise to let this thread die too, if everyone else will...

both lists should take a second and pat themselves on the back.

Hopefully no one is arguing to move any discussion that is not
completely tech to OT right away.

Mandrake HowTo's & More: http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org