HaywireMac wrote:
"SunnComm Technologies, a developer of CD antipiracy technology, said
Thursday that it will likely sue a Princeton student who early this week
showed how to evade the company's copy protection by pushing a
computer's Shift key."

http://www.msnbc.com/news/978433.asp

Sounds like SunnComm should be suing MS, not the Princeton student.

Actually, I think its more like the shareholders should be suing or at least moving to oust the management of SunnComm for doing such a lousy job at copy-protection. Its just plain lazy and completely stupid.

What's worse is that I read the previous article on that, and it talked about Macrovision having something similar that uses only Windows Media Format. When Microsoft collapses under its own weight, (which I see happening sooner or later if things continue going the way their headed) they'll go down with them. Then again maybe that's a good thing.

Just my two cents worth.

Tom Williams