On Tuesday October 14 2003 08:59 am, Tom Brinkman wrote:
> On Tuesday October 14 2003 10:39 am, Jason Greenwood wrote:
> > Anyone know how to undelete in XWC? I accidentally deleted some
> > files I'd dearly like to have back =(
> >
> > Cheers All,
> >
> > Jason
>
>     File manager you use isn't the question, what file system you
> use is. Anyhow, undelete is not doable, and/or you won't be too
> happy with the results anyhow.  If the files you accidently
> deleted belong to a package, just use 'rpm -Uvh --force
> package.rpm' (same version/patch level as already installed) to
> replace the missing files. See 'man rpm' to see just what --force
> does. This is just about the only proper use of --force. If it
> was your data or config files, restore from the backups you
> regularly make ;)

   Just an addition. There's a pertinent article to the subject
today at
http://newsforge.com/newsforge/03/10/08/1416248.shtml?tid=23

    It's mostly about recovering file systems, but deals with
undeleting also. If you read the whole article, I believe you'll
see why I wrote 'undelete is not doable, and/or ....'.