Interesting, I've never even thought of doing that
I have a download directory in my Kpanel, so I usually just wait until I surf
to something I like, open the download directory (which starts a new window)
and drag the link / FTP icon across to it...

Thats what I love about Linux...there's so may different ways of doing things :)