On Tue, Oct 19, 1999 at 10:03:21PM +0200, Jose Ramon Delgado wrote:
> Hi , I am trying to connect my labtop to the serial port of my PC
> with Linux , and actually a got it , but the problem is that the
> speed of the comunication is really slow , ( for example 5 minutes just
> to load the mandrake init page where you enter the login and password) ,
> I am using procommplus and Reflection X and even if I put the speed
> line to 115200 bps is the same problem , I am using the getty command '
> in the inittab file with this speed , , I am NOT using a  Null modem
> cable and it still works but really really slowly.

Trying to use X over a connection that slow will be exactly as painful as
you describe.

You can try finding some information about LBX, an X protocol compressor
which will make the connection feel a bit faster, but I don't know if the
Reflection X suite is compatible with it.

--
Steve Philp
Network Administrator