What are the advantages of having something other than just / and swap?

For example... /, /home, and swap

I use my computer as a desktop system only and have used a few different distrobutions before but am currently installing mandrake 9.2

John Richard Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Welcome to mandrake.

You did the correct think by asking.

The answer to your question depends upon how much space you have
available on your hard drives and to what use you want to make of Mandrake.

Whilst you could of simply adopted / base as a mount point and
installed everything there all at once, there are certain advantages in
creating seperate partitions for certain functions.

I would suggest you post the size of your hard drives with the size of
the existing partitions you already have on there and the current use
made thereof, and then we can suggest what options are available to you.

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]