On Thursday 16 Oct 2003 3:25 pm, Chris Blake wrote:
> Greetings MDK users,
>
> Is Pandasoft a reliable virus package to install...there appears to be a
> new virus out that affects ALL systems..
>
> http://www.pandasoftware.com/virus_info/encyclopedia/overview.aspx?lst=vis&;
>idvirus=41263
>
> Or is this an attempt to get ignorant Linux users (who I doubt exist) to
> buy their software...

Yes it is.

Since it operates by collecting Outlook express email addys, then it will have
trouble on a Linux platform.

Personally I have recently installed ClamAV because
1/ It is free (in both senses of the word)

2/ It is easy to integrate in with my Postfix mail server. (using clamdmail )

Naturally I am not running Anti Virus software to protect my Linux users.
Linux is all but immune to viruses.
 It is there to protect my Windows clients.

HTH

derek

http://clamav.elektrapro.com/
(There are Mandrake RPMs available)