On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 11:11:22PM +0200, H.J.Bathoorn wrote:
> I did some pre-hunting;)
>
> There's a file "/etc/sysconfig/keyboard" that gets read by
> "/etc/init.d/keytable" and sets the keytable.
> This does need to be done in su/root status, though!
>
> So make  a bash script (which you link to a key event or give a very short
> name that makes sense to you) that writes to /etc/sysconfig/keyboard and then
> initializes with "service keyboard restart".
>
> Good luck,
> HarM

HarM:

After some hunting I came to "loadkeys". As a normal user, now I can easily switch the
keyboard layout to spanish with "loadkeys es" and back to us-english with "loadkeys
us".

After some googling and rtfm-ing I don't know what to do to bind/link hotkeys to
scripts or aliases in .bashrc.

I would love to have something like ctrl-alt-u to switch to us-english and ctrl-alt-e
to switch to spanish.

Reading about inputrc I got sort of lost.

Could you point me in the right direction to achieve this?

What I want to do is to switch keyborad layount from within mutt.

I feel we are pretty close to the solution.

Saludos,

Adolfo