On Wednesday 22 October 2003 21:49, Marco Hoefman wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I recently installed Linux Mandrake 9.1 on a second partition and the dual
> boot programm LILO works great! The only thing is that I have a USB ADSL
> modem from speedtouch, I've downloaded the Linux drivers for it but I am
> not sure how to install the driver.
> The downloaded file "SpeedTouch.tar.gz" is on a floppy disk, but I can't
> seem to get the darn thing installed. Does anyone have a HOW_TO for this
> rookie? 8-S
>
> Thanx in advance!!!!!
>
> Marco Hoefman
>
> PS. You can answer me in Dutch if you like too... :-)

In English, as this is an English spoken list anyway:)

I've never done this modem so I'm not sure as to it's specifics but normal
procedure is to untar and unzip the file with;
"tar -zxvf /mnt/floppy/SpeedTouch.tar.gz" (without the "") on the Command
Line...which will (in most cases) create a SpeedTouch directory in your home
directory.
Inside you'll find a README and an INSTALL file. The latter will explain how
to do the installation. Usually it's along the lines of:
./configure
make
make install (as root)

Good luck,