On Thursday 23 Oct 2003 9:08 pm, Scott Naylor wrote:
> I have recently been trying to use KMid, but I have run into a problem.
> KMid uses a device called sequencer. I've looked in my /dev folder where it
> said it was, but it isn't there. The commands "locate" and "which" also
> can't find it. I have a Sound Blaster compatable sound card and I was
> wondering where, or how I can fix this problem and get sequencer installed
> and working. I am running an OSS Sound System, and am using an Ensoniq
> sound card.
>
> lsmod gives me this...
SNIP
>  es1371 29000 0
>  soundcore 6276 0 [es1371]
>  ac97_codec 12488 0 [es1371]
SNIP

You are using the OSS sound driver when the link DarkLord pointed you to
recommends the Alsa driver for Midi.

Your card should work OK in 9.1 with the Alsa driver. If the Alsa driver is
correctly installed it will install a midi module for you

In my experience the easiest way to set up alsa is to install the alsa-utils
RPM from your CD and then run 'alsaconf' in a root terminal.

It will test your card and write a new /etc/modules.conf file which will load
the correct modules for you.
Be sure to back up your old modules.conf file because it will not copy the
other configuration lines for your Ethernet or other devices. You must add
those again by hand later.

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net