On Fri, 2003-10-24 at 22:04, Scott Naylor wrote:
> I've run into a wierd error while trying to perform make install on a program.
> It says this:
>
> /bin/sh ../mkinstalldirs /usr/local/bin
>  @LIBTOOL@  --mode=install /usr/bin/install -c  VisualBoyAdvance
> /usr/local/bin/VisualBoyAdvance
> /bin/sh: line 1: @LIBTOOL@: command not found
>  @LIBTOOL@  --mode=install /usr/bin/install -c  TestEmu /usr/local/bin/TestEmu
> /bin/sh: line 1: @LIBTOOL@: command not found
> make[3]: *** [install-binPROGRAMS] Error 127
>
> I have LIBTOOL installed so I'm wondering what's going on?
>
> ----

> Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com

You may have to update your ld.so.cache file so that LIBTOOL can be
located by the dynamic linker.  You can update the file by executing as
root:

# ldconfig

Also, the LIBTOOLS must be in the directory /usr/lib, /lib, or be
specified in the /etc/ld.so.conf file before this command is run.

Also, are you running make install as root?

HTH

Scott