I tried the "fix" that Axalon (MandrakeSoft) suggested, but the VMware
modules still won't compile, they complain that the header files are a
little different than my currently running kernel version, and it quits
the compiler.  So, I can't get VMware to install.  I hate to say it, but
I *need* VMware and if I can't get it to install, then I am switching to
SuSE, where I know it works.

Axalon if you are reading this, I don't know what you mean by, "There
are also provided modversions*.h for the different kernel-* packages for
those who only want kernel-headers installed."  What does that mean?  Is
there anyway I can get kernel headers for my currently running kernel
(2.2.13-7mdksmp)?

-- Axalon's Reply --

"Nope means somebody doesn't know what they are talking about much less
doing... Edit /usr/src/linux/Makefile add the smp onto EXTRAVERSION,
make clean && make dep".