From: Aidanh [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2003 3:27 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [newbie] Flightgear, Mandrake 9.0 and a newbie

Hello group,
Firstly thanks to all those that helped me get the NVIDIA drivers
working. I
almost squealed like a little kid when I saw tux racer running at more
than
1fps!!!

Now to my second stage of phasing windows out completely. I am a pilot
suffering from lack of finances which keeps me grounded. Therefore I am
(was?) an M$ flightsim addict. So I'm very keen to install flightgear
and
get it working with my M$ sidewinder force-feedback stick. I have never
compiled a program before and it looks like I'm going to have to learn
as
there are no executables for mandrake on the flightgear site. Does
anybody
have experience with compiling flightgear on Mandrake 9.0, or does
anybody
have any pointers for me before I give this a try? Should I be trying
something less ambitious first to learn how to compile a program?

Thanks in advance,
Aidan Holmes

Message sent using Dodo
Internet Webmail Server

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+- Business Computer Projects - Disclaimer -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

This message, and any associated attachment is confidential. If you have
received it in error, please delete it from your system, do not use or
disclose the information in any way, and notify either Tony S. Sykes
or the postmaster <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  immediately.

necessarily the views of Business Computer Projects Ltd., unless
specifically stated.

Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that emails and their
attachments are virus free, it is the responsibility of the recipient(s)
to verify the integrity of such emails.

Business Computer Projects Ltd
BCP House
151 Charles Street