On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 12:11:49 +0200
robin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> uttered:

> I'm trying to work out how to get round the latest spamming technique
> of putting umlauts above various letters to confuse spam filters.
> rc.mail is an ascii file, so I can't just paste, say, and e-umlaut
> into it.
>
> OTOH, I've recently come up with a recipe which gets rid of a lot of
> spam:
>
> :0
> * ^Subject:.*\?[Ii][Ss][Oo]-8859*
>   {
>       LOG="ISO trick "
>       :0
>       /dev/null
>   }
>
> This gets round the spammers' trick of writing the subject header as
> character codes.  You can do similar ones for Big5 or whatever.

Hey d00d, thanks for the recipe. I notice in a lot of recipe's that line
LOG="", does that simply write a line to the procmail log, or do I need
a seperate logfile for those?

It would be nice to watch out for those in a tail window using grep for
the ="" contents like I do with mailfilter.

Cheers matey!

Oh, and your sig is driving me nuts, though I suppose it's been serving
it's purpose, it got me reading about Chomsky and Topological Dependency
Grammar...you are one nasty mofo. Redundant and contradictory at
the same time...evil.

--
HaywireMac ++ ICQ # 279518458
Registered Linux user #282046