charo wrote:

HaywireMac wrote:

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 07:14:59 -0500
charo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> uttered:

I have a very long process that is systematically killed by the
system. How can I know what is wrong with it? I know that works well
because when I run the script with a small number of files the process
exits successfully.

Without knowing what the process is, it's hard to say, but it could be reaching some sort of limit, either in the script itself or a system limit, like the size of a directory or partition, or running out of memory.

You are rigth. It's reaching some sort of limit, but I don't know how to output what was the problem. I guess I'm looking for some system call that could describe what happened before the process was kill. Does that thing exists?

When the script is killed by the system, does it exit with any kind of
error?

No

Your very vague in what your doing, but if it's some process running in a shell, you can maybe output the script to a text file like this,

> <pathtotextfile>.txt

if you only want the errors, then
2 > <pathtotextfile>.txt

that will at least save it.