On Wednesday 29 October 2003 1:33 pm, Kelly McCormick wrote:
> Heather/Femme wrote:
> > On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 12:16:50 -0500
> > Kelly McCormick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > <SNIPPAGE>
> >
> >>Was afraid of that, thanks Femme. Can this be done within mandrake?
> >>
> >>Dax
> >
> > easiest way if you have an existing install is use MCC & there is a
> > partitioning resizer thingy in there.
> >
> > if not doing it that way, boot with cd1 & go thru the  install to the
> > partitionging tool point.

Actually, you can just login as root, since that home is /root, then copy all
the contents of /home somewhere, unmount, and repartition, then remount and
dump the contents right back in.

I just did the same basic thing last week. Other than reinstalling 9.2 it was
a snap. My original 'upgrade' of 9.2 stunk, so I wiped everything right after
moving /home, and reinstalled.

Rob
--

Linux: For the people, by the people.