Hi

I am trying desperatly to get my sound card to work under 9.2.

ALSA seems to load OK and I don't get any error messages. I have set up modules.conf
as per the details page for CS46XX.

However when I start Kmix I get a blank GUI with no functions and if I go into gnome
it tells me there is a problem with /dev/sequencer and that I should check that I have
the right modules configured in the kernel.

I am using the default smp kernel and figure I need to get the kernel sources rpm down
- but I am unsure what is the right version and also don't understand how I then go
about tweaking the smp-kernel so the sound modules are all correct.

Anybody care to help me out!

--
  John Willby
  Registered Linux user number 321644