On Tuesday 04 November 2003 04:46 pm, Björn Olsson wrote:
> Anyone here good at diagnosing hardware failures?
>
> I recently got a spare Dell Optiplex GX1 to bring home from work. It came
> without memory, HDD och CD, so I had to search my stock for suitable parts.
> But today, when I were to bring life to my creation, it simply refused to
> cooperate! I feel very offended and rightfully upset  :)
>
> Power to diodes on front     YES
> Power to HDD                   YES
> Power to CD                     YES
> Power to CPU fan              YES
> Power to expansion card    YES
> Power to monitor                YES
> Power to keyboard             NJET
>
> And there was no signal to the monitor. I tried with two different monitors
> and a separate graphics card as well as the onboard one.
>

> Any suggestions welcomed
>
> Björn

     If I remember correctly some moutherboards will play dead if the ram is
no good. Try removing and reseating the ram or better yet if you have a spare
stick of ram try installing it in place of the old ram.  If that does not do
the trick I might try a different power supply One of the voltages may be way
out of spec. and or reseating the power supply connector. Also try unhooking
all cables from the CD floppy and hard drive  along with anything Else that
is non essential.

    Marc
    KM5KW
--