Yes, seems you are right. It was something I did not know, sound can be played from the IDE directly to the soundcard:

http://www.linuxgazette.com/issue80/tag/4.html

Seems there is also something to do with scsi emulation, but that's outside of my limited knowledge.

raffaele

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

The only exception to your exposition is that you state on your system you have to have an audio cable to make Grip play audio CD, it would seem I don't, I can both rip and play a CD in Grip from the DVD without an audio analogue cable, that is via the IDE cable, but then I do have my DVD scsi-emulated, possibly that is the reason ?

John