I have been setting up 9.2 and it has been going pretty well but I am having a Samba problem. I can access the linux box from all of my other machines a mix of w98, w2k, and a laptop with XP home.

My problem is with accessing some of the other machines from linux. I have lisa running. It will find all the machines.
pwpatter (itself) hp (laptop with xp) jp (w2k and my gateway) shop (w99se/lm9.2).

I can browse pwpatter,hp, and shop running lm9.2.

jp and shop running w98 get a message unknown host

from shop I can access jp with lisa.

I have checked and rechecked passwords in linux and samba. I can ping by name and number. I have logged in on both machines with the user and password that works on hp. What am I missing??