Charlie M. wrote:

Thursday 06 November 2003 2:28 pm, Ronald J. Hall wrote:

I have a question - I recently got cable-modem service here (hurrah!) and
its been great (getting around 250k d/ls). Anyways, I had a WinTV tuner
card that I removed since my TV cable now goes to my modem (what a choice!
Broadband...TV...Broadband...TV...Ah, Broadband!). Is is safe to split the
signal and use the WinTV card? Or will that degrade the signal and cause
problems? What are other tuner card owners doing?

Thanks!

It would seem so D.L. My cable has been running 2 TVs, a cable modem, and two VCRs for almost 5 years now. No worries. Since it's an apartment building there's probably a booster on the line in the utility room though.

I seriously doubt the TV Card will degrade the cable performance for you anyway. Just be sure of the splitter quality and have fun! (-:

I have to second that. I split mine between three tv's and the wintv-go card
no prob bob!

--

Mike McNeese Springdale, Arkansas USA

 Dual booting 98lite;MDK 9.1 stock kernel Kde 3.1
 Registered Linux User #248955 liquid/acqua  Theme

"If obstacles are what you see in your path...
                Then you have lost sight of your goal! "