Anarky wrote:

mike wrote:

Hi ,

I personally run a wintv-go tv tuner along side a nvidia tnt2 32 meg video card running the latest nvidia drivers.

it works absoulutely perfect! in fact, the picture is better in the pc than on the tv. Using xawtv it tunes all the channels from
1 -125 on cable . is very easy to use and setup.

hope this helps. where are you located ? it will make a difference as to what's available

I live in Romania, and the model I'm htinking of (/I can afford) is Prolink SOHO1394 / IEEE1394 / PAK says here it's a 'prolink video capture' .... what I'd like to do is plug in my cable and use it like that. Haven't found nayhting by prolink in the mandrake hardware database ....

also one more question: you didn't tell me if you were able to use it to record certain programs at certain times.

I can Record with this but I have not tried to record at a certain time. this card is not a true PVR.
I don't know for sure if there is a PAL version though.

--
Mike McNeese Springdale, Arkansas USA