Mark Tiller wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of et
Sent: 08 November 2003 20:51
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] Mandrake 9.2 How do I leave NT Boot loader.

I don't do a thing, and tell lilo to boot from hda, you will get setup

where

lilo gives a choice called windows, and that will give you the

NTbootloader,

at least it works that way for me with win2kpro. of course when you get

right

down to it, I ain't sure where the NT bootloader sits.

Yeah, but that will give me two boot loaders, if I can add Linux to the NT
then I only have one

I think you ask the wrong question.

You really want to know how to remove lilo that you are forced to install ?

On a dos prompt,use a dos switch,
fdisk/mbr

that removes lilo,
you will be left with windblows bootloader.
you already know how to configure it to boot linux.

Personally , I've tried both methods and would still elect to chain boot load with lilo.

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]