Alle 23:09, sabato 8 novembre 2003, Piero Piutti ha scritto:
> Alle 17:20, sabato 8 novembre 2003, Derek Jennings ha scritto:
> > I had the same issue. With that kernel some makes of DVD drive do not
> > work with scsi emulation. Set it back to IDE and it should be OK
>
> mine is an Asus. still puzzled about how the new kernel fixed the LG issue
> but introduced this new one.

I reverted to the "stock 9.2" kernel (2.4.22-10mdk) and the DVD drive
functions correctly again, so there is definitely something wrong with the
2.4.22-21mdk kernel not liking my Asus E612 dvd drive when it's scsi
emulated.

I would like to report this inconvenience to the "people in charge" so that
this can be fixed in the next kernel update, but I'm unaware of the correct
procedure. Any suggestion?

Thanks for your patience.

--
Piero Piutti