On Wednesday 12 November 2003 02:33 am, Melissa Reese wrote:
> 1) Are these sorts of problems just "the way it is" with this
>    product? Or is it just that this particular version release is
>    especially troublesome? Either way, I'm not feeling exactly
>    wonderful about all this.
>
> 2) Does any of this mean that my soon to arrive "PowerPack" is
>    expected to be kind of a "lemon" out of the box?

The problem is people really not being clear in their posts and feeling a need
to bash Mandrake for fun.  It is a sport, especially on a.o.l.m

I just checked out his post, and here is the translation

What he is referring to is the 3 cd set download edition vs the 3 cd set
PowerPack download that were both offered to the Club members for downlaod
through bittorrent and not the 7 cd PowerPack boxed set.  The 3 cd set of
PowerPack that was offered for download was simply the first three cds of the
PowerPack, which has 7 cds total.

A bunch of stuff was removed from the first three cds in order to make room
for the commercial stuff, but I am sure the other four cd's in the box that
you bought contain most, if not all, of the missing packages.  That in
addition to the fact that any missing package will be found either in the
main or contrib trees of any Mandrake mirror.  There is no need for you to
pay again and no, your PowerPack is not broken.
--
/g

"Outside of a dog, a man's best friend is a book, inside
a dog it's too dark to read" -Groucho Marx