On Wednesday 12 November 2003 02:48 am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> To all that helped me ,
>
> first of all thanks for your considerations. My new situation is :
>
> 1) I ran memtest-96 3.0 for 7.5 hours ( all night long) and it did not give
> me any error. I think this means memory  is OK.

That seems okay.

> 2) If the heat is problem how can I detect ( my CPu temperature is between
> 49 - 54 C and system temp is 30-30 C ) is this temp. OK ?

This one is trickier - keep in mind that your actual CPU temp can be 10 -20
degrees C. higher than what is reported.

Did you run cpuburn? If not, install it and run it. There are specific
versions for whatever flavor CPU you're using. If your system locks up or
does anything else funny in less than 15 mins, then something is not quite
right. If it will run for 20-30 mins, you're in pretty good shape. If it will
run for over an hour, then your system is bullet-proof. <grin.

You might want to monitor your temps 'n stuff when you run cpuburn, so you can
see what is happening.

--

                                                          /\
                                                Dark><Lord