On Thursday 13 November 2003 08:21 am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Dear Friends,
>
> I installed Madrake 9.2 on my fujitsu - siemens amilo D 6820
> notebook. Almost everything fine but the monitor flickers but it
> is robust on XP with 1024 * 768 @ 60 hz.Mandrake shows my monitor
> ( display ) as flat panel 1024 * 768 . I am using  Xfree 4.3 with
> 3d acceleration and my vga card is 32 Mb Ati radeon mobility 9000
> .
>  What should I do ?
>

> Thanks..
>
> Hertas

Hertas, some possible solutions :

1. On most flat panels there is some sort of button allowing you to
make the screen "auto-adjust". Don't know about your laptop,
though.

2. Did the install process find your screen by itself ?. If yes, is
it correct ?  - If not, open the Mandrake Control Center, go to
"system" and try to scroll down to the "flat panel" section and
choose "generic flat panel 1024x768".

4. If you know the correct values for horizontal and vertical
refresh rates, become root and edit this file :
/etc/X11/XF86Config  in the section "screen". Don't choose the exact
values, but allow an (conservative) interval.

5. If all this fails, open a console, become root and type :
xvidtune. Here, you can play around with the values. However,
xvidtune doesn't edit your config, but gives you some values to
edit into XF86Config. But use on you own risk.

BTW : If you don't have the printed manuals for your screen, most
manufacturers supply those on-line. I think Fujitsu-Siemens does.

HTH

Kaj Haulrich.
--
*This mail was sent from a 100 % Microsoft free computer*