http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/1997/debian-user-199711/msg01752.html

> > ###########################################
> >
> > #!/bin/sh
>
> Hmm, I'm still getting errors.  Actually I'm getting
> more now =P  ... Here's an output:

I have no idea if this is useful information or not
but this is the output I receive when running the
orginal debian script unmodified:

sh debchek README.mirrors
Testing       0  debian mirror sites for speed and
reliability.
Tests done : .
Fastest mirrors are:
mv: cannot stat `mirrors_by_speed': No such file or
directory
sort: open failed: mirrors_by_speed~: No such file or
directory
debchek: line 92: ors_by_speed~: command not found
sort: open failed: mirrors_by_speed~: No such file or
directory

I really wish I knew more about bash scripting... I
looked thru the most recent mandrake script you
provided and it almost appears that there is a
misplaced ' or ` character... I dunno, that's just how
it appeared to me.  Let me know if I can be of any
more  help to you in addition to testing the scripts
here.

Tango