Mandrake 9.2 is installed and running well.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that it recognized my 3Com/Homeconnect Web cameras without even asking for a config file. XAWTV also uses them without a problem. Gnomemeeting configured itself to use them. Great!

Is there anyway to set up a streaming webcam server? I found some short Howto's for a Debian system, but they were pretty cryptic for me (I'll need some pretty basic coaching on this one).

I'll be pointing cameras at my birdfeeder, the deer yard, and Chequamegon Bay (for the ships)

Harv / AI9NL
Washburn, WI