Scott Naylor wrote:

On Monday 17 November 2003 10:34 am, John Richard Smith wrote:

Scott Naylor wrote:

I'm having some problems with my ATAPI 52x CD-Rom. It's supposed to be my
reader device in K3B, but right now it doesn't work. It isn't currently
set to scsi, but I don't know how to make it that way. What could I do to
get my CD Reader working in K3b?

k3b is said to not need scsi-emulation,

I think you ought to post your /etc/fstab here and lets see what it's
got for you cdrom.

John

Here's my FSTAB, except for scsi my reader and writer stats are the same.

These are your supermount writer and rom entries

none /mnt/cdrom supermount dev=/dev/scd0,fs=auto,ro,--,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850,umask=0 0 0
none /mnt/cdrom2 supermount dev=/dev/hdd,fs=auto,ro,--,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850,umask=0 0 0

They ought to work , you writer is supermounted with scsi-emulation,
whereas your rom is supermount with IDE.

If you want to try both scsi-emulated then,

none /mnt/cdrom supermount
dev=/dev/scd0,fs=auto,ro,user,--,iocharset=iso8859-15,codepage=850,umask=0

0 0
none /mnt/cdrom2 supermount
dev=/dev/scd1,fs=auto,rw,user,--,iocharset=iso8859-15,codepage=850,umask=0

0 0

both are one line.

But add to append line in /etc/lilo.conf, hd(x)=ide-scsi
where x=drive letter, save and exit.

John

P.S.

forgot to say run /sbin/lilo to write new lilo.conf script to disc
John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]