Hi Greg,

On Thursday, November 20, 2003, at 11:47:17 AM PST, you wrote:

> Yes. Put them all on one disk, ...

I'm still a little confused (my natural state)...

What exactly do you mean by "them all"? At the MDK ftp updates site,
there is a folder called "9.2". Inside that folder are three folders
(Base, RPMS, and SRPMS) and a few loose files (descriptions, ls-lR,
md5sums) [I'm not sure if that one file is "ls-lR", or "Is-IR" (or
something else?). Anyway...

Are all the actual update files contained in "RPMS" and "SRPMS"?

> ... then define the disk as a urpmi source. Then you can go into the
> software installer and it will tell you what needs to be updated. To
> define them as a source, go into the software sources manager and
> add the disk or directory.

To lessen my own confusion a bit, I did the following:

I created three new directories (by the way...where's the most logical
place to put such directories?), and copied/pasted the contents of their
corresponding folders from the CD-R:

1) /MDKUpdateRPMS
2) /MDKUpdateSRPMS
3) /MDKUpdateBase (I also put the three loose files in here)

Then, I added each of those new directories to the list of places to
look for updated files.  Here's how I added the new directories:

"K" menu, then to "Configuration/Packaging/Software Media Manager".
Was that the right place to deal with that to make the files available
to "urpmi"?

>> 2) If I do have all the files on one CD-R, what is the best way to
>>    install what's needed and/or wanted?

> Put them all in one directory available from Linux.

Again...where's the most logical place to put such a directory? For
the moment, I've placed them under /home/melissa/...

> The command is urpmi --auto-select --update

> This will install all the security fixes and updates based on the
> packages you already have installed, in other words, updating them
> to the latest versions.

Oops!  Here's what I get from that command:

"Everything is already installed"

What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks!

- --
Melissa

PGP public keys:
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]&Body=Please%20send%20keys