On Sunday 23 November 2003 17:50, Anguo wrote:
> Thanks HarM for your reply,
>
> > If sol is connected to the internet:
> > open a terminal as su/root on terra and type:
> >
> > route add default gw xx.xx.xx.xx  (where xx.xx is sol's
> > IP)
>
> Which IP? 10.0.0.10 or 191.161.1.0?
> The former didn't help and the latter brought the message:
> SIOCADDRT: Network is unreachable.
Well, for one if you need to get your network up and running, get into
mcc(mandrake control center) and run the wizard. That way it'll stick after a
reboot.
If you just want a network connection for terra up for this session or
testing:
Check what "ifconfig" says about eth0.
If it isn't mentionned:
"ifconfig eth0 10.0.0.11 up" (without the quotes as su/root)
and then "ping 10.0.0.10".
If that doesn't return work, check sol for it's IP using "ifconfig" and if
need be setup it's IP in the same way you just did for terra (ifconfig eth0
10.0.0.10 up).
Both machines should be able to ping each other now. If not there's something
wrong with your crossover-cable or NIC's.
If they do ping then do the "route add default gw 10.0.0.10" and "echo
nameserver 10.0.0.10 > /etc/resolv.conf" again

> Also, I just noticed that I got unsubbed from the list
> newbie. The archives don't list anything beyond the 15th of
> november. I just resubbed to the list and yours is the
> first message I receive from the list.
Happened to a lot of people (the most actually)
> Could you forward other replies I may I received in this
> thread up to now.
there weren't any:)
> Does anyone know of a fully functional mail archives for
> newbie?
http://archives.mandrakelinux.com/

Good luck,
HarM