Hey,

I have problems getting 9.2 to work with my NVIDIA FX56000 video card and
samsung 213T LCD monitor.

I tried drakconf and xf86cfg and xf86config, but I am not that experienced w/
the XFree setup. In my desparation I was attempting to install the latest nvidia
drivers but ran into problems getting the kernel sources installed. I got the
proper source rpm and ran "rpm -Uvh kernel...src.rpm" but it seems that the code
is not extracted into the /usr/src/linux structure but rather only a couple of
files (tar.bz2 files, a header and two awk files) (I believe it was in
/usr/src/.../SOURCES/).

Now first my question is, which nvidia driver is included in 9.2? Does it even
make sense to try this?
Second, has anybody gotten this combination -- or each component individually?
Third, how do I get the kernel source from the tar form into compilable form in
/usr/src/linux.

Thanks
Albrecht