On Tuesday 25 November 2003 01:14 am, et wrote:
> Sorry for posting to the list, hopefully haywire will see it.
> Seems someone has gotten spamcop to bounce all mail from earthlink's mail
> servers... and while I am sure some spam might go thru them, they do try to
> cut out a bunch of spam

>   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>     SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT
> TO:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>: host mail.zoneedit.com [67.29.152.143]:
> 554 Service unavailable; Client host [207.217.120.126] blocked using
> bl.spamcop.net; Blocked - see
> http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?207.217.120.126
>
> ------ This is a copy of the message, including all the headers. ------

> From: et <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I hate to say this since I am SUCH a big fan of DNS BL's but any enterprise
mail admin who is using Spamcop's list to block mail is a complete idiot.
For Pete's sake, even Spamcop recommends against using their list to block
mail at the mail server level.

Oh well, I wouldn't really want to talk to anyone who uses such a clueless
provider that they would place the responsibility for blocking on the
numerous newbies who use spamcop to report spam anyway, so I suppose it all
works out in the end.

--
Bryan Phinney
Software Test Engineer