On Monday 24 November 2003 08:44 pm, Mark Kirschner wrote:
> First since I hate switching CDs:
>
> urpmi.removemedia -a

    Rather than remove all (-a) media, which usually means all the
CD sources, I type 'edit-' and then hit <Tab>. The CL will auto
complete to 'edit-urpm-sources.pl'   Then hitting <Enter> will
start the Software Media Manager GUI. Here you can simply uncheck
sources to disable them.  If you then want them back later, just
reverse the process. Quick an simple.  Even quicker if you make
an alias for 'edit-urpm-sources.pl'.

   Same scenario for adding mulitple sources. You can add a lot of
sources, but then use the Manager to en/unable them at will.
Makes switching mirrors very easy.  The Manager also has a button
to select a media and then remove it, but I suggest just
disabling a source. You might want it back later ;)  You can also
enable muliple sources for the same updates. urpmi will auto
switch mirrors, if a file or dependant file is missing on one
mirror, but present on another.

    Almost a must for running cooker as playin musical chairs to
find a mirror that's up to date and reliable is always a moving
target.  To a lesser extent the same is true for past and current
Mandrake versions and 3rd party sources. Mandrake relies on
donated mirror space, sysadmin, and bandwidth.... so we shouldn't
look a gift horse in the mouth in that respect ;)
--
      Tom Brinkman                 Corpus Christi, Texas