On Tuesday 25 Nov 2003 10:51 am, Melissa Reese wrote:
> Hi et,
>
> On Monday, November 24, 2003, at 9:36:21 PM PST, you wrote:
> > select the headers you want to delete?
> >
> :-)  Of course I did.  I know that KNode is an online reader, but
>
> there must be a way to delete unwanted headers.  It's important to
> me at the moment because one group that I read regularly is under
> attack from a silly "flooder" (is that what they're called?).
> These unwanted headers are quickly filling up the message list,
> making it difficult to find the worthwhile posts.
>
> I looked at Pan, but I think I like KNode more.  I wanted to try
> slrn as well, but when I try to start it, a console pops up for a
> few seconds, then disappears...and no slrn shows up.  I have no
> idea what's going on with that.  In any event, if I can sort out
> the header deletion issue with KNode, that would be great!

My first impression of KNode was that it was nice - but I soon found
big problems with it - one of which was the same as you mention.  I
gave up and went to Pan.  I would have preferred KNode if it had
worked properly, but at least Pan does what you want/expect (not that
I use a news reader very often).

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302