On Tuesday 25 Nov 2003 10:38 pm, Charlie wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 07:04 pm, many eyes noted that Melissa Reese
wrote:

> > Hi,
> >
> > I saw in the address book import options in Kmail that .vcf files
> > could be imported.  So...I went to my Windows email program and
> > exported all the addresses to a single .vcf file.  When I tried
> > to import that file into the Kmail address book, it would only
> > offer to import *one* address!  What have a done wrong here?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > - --
> > Melissa
>
> Never done this, but would assume that you make directory and place
> all the addresses into it and then highlight and import them all?
> Assuming that each is a .vcf file?

I know I imported my Lotus Organizer address book, but it was over 2
years ago, and I can't remember how I did it.  I know I messed around
trying formats, though - .csv was one possibility, but I can't
remember whether it works.  I hadn't a clue what I was doing, which
makes it harder to recall - but I think there were a couple of very
similar-sounding formats, one of which worked and the other didn't.
Also, I know I tried the different kaddressbook import formats, by
exporting to a .csv file and importing list, and by exporting to a
vcard.  It may be that one that worked, because I also use GnomeCard,
and I think that used vcard as an import.

Sorry for rambling on - just thinking aloud and hoping that something
here gets you on the right lines.  Not terribly helpful, I'm afraid,
except to say that importing does work, once you find the best format
for compatibility.

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302