I have a CD-RW drive as well as a plain CD drive (both IDE).  When
setting up k3b for CD burning, k3b automatically enables the CD-RW for
SCSI emulation and makes the appropriate changes in /etc/fstab and
/etc/lilo.conf.

Now I want to add SCSI emulation to the CD drive so I can copy from CD
to CDRW.  From what I have gathered from searching the archives I would
need to make the following changes to these files:

-  in /etc/fstab, change /dev/hdd to /dev/scd1
-  in etc/lilo.conf add to the append line 'hdd=ide-scsi' (without the
quotes).  Then run lilo to have the change take effect.

Assuming all this is correct, would I then need to reboot in order to
see the changes and begin using the CD drive in k3b?

In input or corrections/additions are appreciated.

Also noticed that in /etc/fstab I have 2 entries for the CDRW:
/mnt/cdrom and /mnt/cdwriter.  Is it worth correcting this, and if so
which should be removed?

Thanks.

--
Cheers,
Trey

There is an innocence in admiration;
it is found in those to whom it has not yet occurred
that they, too, might be admired some day.
- Friedrich Nietzsche
/dev/hda1 / ext3 defaults 1 1
none /dev/pts devpts mode=0620 0 0
/dev/hda6 /home ext3 defaults 1 2
/dev/sdb1 /mnt/camera auto user,exec,iocharset=iso8859-1,kudzu,codepage=850,noauto 0 0
/dev/scd0 /mnt/cdrom auto codepage=850,ro,user,nosuid,iocharset=iso8859-1,nodev,noauto
0 0
/dev/hdd /mnt/cdrom2 auto codepage=850,ro,user,nosuid,iocharset=iso8859-1,nodev,noauto
0 0
/dev/scsi/host2/bus0/target0/lun0/cd /mnt/cdwriter auto ro,noauto,user,exec 0 0
/dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy auto
sync,codepage=850,user,nosuid,nodev,noauto,unhide,iocharset=iso8859-1 0 0
none /proc proc defaults 0 0
/dev/hda5 swap swap defaults 0 0
/dev/sda4 /mnt/zip auto user,iocharset=iso8859-1,noauto,codepage=850,exec,kudzu 0 0
boot=/dev/hda
map=/boot/map
default="linux"
keytable=/boot/us.klt
prompt
nowarn
timeout=100
message=/boot/message
menu-scheme=wb:bw:wb:bw
image=/boot/vmlinuz
        label="linux"
        root=/dev/hda1
        initrd=/boot/initrd.img
        append="devfs=mount hdc=ide-scsi acpi=off quiet"
        vga=788
        read-only
image=/boot/vmlinuz
        label="linux-nonfb"
        root=/dev/hda1
        initrd=/boot/initrd.img
        append="devfs=mount hdc=ide-scsi acpi=off"
        read-only
image=/boot/vmlinuz
        label="failsafe"
        root=/dev/hda1
        initrd=/boot/initrd.img
        append="devfs=nomount hdc=ide-scsi acpi=off failsafe"
        read-only
other=/dev/fd0
        label="floppy"
        unsafe