Greg Meyer wrote:
On Tuesday 02 December 2003 04:23 am, robin wrote:

I have a directory on a server for students to upload their work, and
synchronise it with my home computer using draksync.  It seemed to work
OK with Mandrake 9.1, but when I tried it in 9.2, most of the files were
unopenable.  Has anyone else had this experience with draksync (using
SSL, not FTP)?

I'm using it on 9.2 to keep a couple of directories synchronized between my laptop and my desktop, including Mail and my Win4Lin Windows98SE install. I am using it in rsync over ssh mode and have not had any problems. Can you give me some more info about your setup. I'd be glad to try and run some tests here to recreate.

Here's what .draksync says:

draksync["profiles"] = Profiles(Profile('lists', Item(local = '/home/nalan/upload', user = 'robin', host = 'lists.bilkent.edu.tr', password = None, remote = 'public_html/101/upload', newer = ST_EITHER_IS_NEWER, protocol = CT_SSH, delete_files = 1)))

I suppose it could also be a problem at the server end - I'll ask my sysadmin. What would be useful is some documentation on how draksync calls rsync, but the Help page is vague on this.

Sir Robin

--
"Certitude is possible for those who only own one encyclopedia."
- Robert Anton Wilson

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Univeritesi